VILLAGE OF BENNET, NEBRASKA - REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS (RFP) - FOR ZONING ORDINANCE & SUBDIVISION REGULATIONS UPDATES
The Village of Bennet, Nebraska (“Bennet”) invites qualified firms to submit a proposal for the provision of professional services to update the Bennet Zoning Code and the Bennet Subdivision Regulations to conform to the latest Comprehensive Plan, to meet current conditions, and to address the changing status of Bennet from a village to a city of the second class under Nebraska statutes.
All Proposals will be time-stamped upon receipt and any Proposals received after the time specified above will be returned unopened. In bold lettering, mark the sealed envelope with the following words: “Village of Bennet, NE, Zoning & Subdivision Update.” Faxed or emailed copies will not be accepted. All complete Proposals become the property of Bennet and must be provided without cost to Bennet. Except as otherwise provided for herein, Proposals which are incomplete or which are not in conformance with the law, may be rejected as nonresponsive.
Part of the Scope of Work:
Bennet is requesting interested and qualified firms to submit a proposal, together with a proposed cost of the work, to develop updates of the Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations, to conform to the Comprehensive Plan, to modernize the Code and Regulations to meet modern and changed conditions, and to serve as the required Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations proper for a City of the Second Class under Nebraska law. The firm chosen will work primarily with the Village Clerk/Treasurer, who will serve as the point of contact throughout the project and will be responsible for coordinating and implementing the proposed updates to the Zoning Code and Subdivision Regulations, pursuant to legislative requirements. Meetings with Village staff, the Village Attorney, the Planning Commission and elected officials will be critical. A public engagement component will be necessary, in addition to hearings before the Planning Commission and Village Board (or City Council, as the case may be).
Bennet is requesting the following information for the submittal of the proposal:
- Firm information: Name, address, phone number, e-mail for primary contact, the number of professional staff members and list of their specialties of who will be assigned to work on the project, including years of experience in their respective specialty fields. Summary of the proposal.
- Availability: A brief statement as to the availability of the key personnel responsible for the project and where the various of aspect of work would be performed.
- Time Frame: Statement on anticipated time frame based on the scope of work as listed in this RFP. Report on prior experience in delivering services within the prescribed time frame.
- State of Qualifications: Provides a summary of the firm's overall background, capabilities, experiences and qualifications. Site any experience with working with codes in small to mid-sized university communities is preferred.
- Understanding of the Project: Provides an overview of the consulting firm's understanding and approach that will be utilized for this project, including critical issues that will need to be addressed in order to successfully complete this project.
- Examples of Work: Provide complete or partial examples of work similar in nature to this project.
- References: Provide 3 references that can speak to the firm's ability to perform the scope of work as listed in the RFP.
- Cost Proposal: Provide cost for completion of the scope of work as listed in this RFP.
- Submission Packet: The entire response needs to be submitted in a sealed envelope marked "Village of Bennet, NE, Zoning & Subdivision Update" on the front.
- Deadline: Responses to this RFP are due no later than 3:00 p.m. on December 20, 2021 and need to be sent or delivered to:
The Village of Bennet
Attention: Michele Lincoln, Village Clerk/ Treasurer
A complete job description can be found at cityofbennet.com/announcements.
Additional information for the RFP and how to apply: PDF Version