Please check back frequently for additional career announcements.
Executive Director - Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA)
Position Summary: The Executive Director provides leadership, oversight and direction for all operational functions of the Omaha-Council Bluffs Metropolitan Area Planning Agency (MAPA). This position reports to the MAPA Board of Directors and is responsible for providing assistance and professional recommendations on fiscal matters including the preparation of the annual budget, policy considerations, strategic planning, local and regional transportation and community development initiatives, and legislative issues and activities. The Executive Director represents the agency at meetings, conventions, and other forums to promote and explain agency mission and objectives. This position is responsible for ensuring that the agency maintains federal certification and provides leadership and consultation to governmental agencies, the business community, private organizations, the news media and public to explain and resolve complex issues and to coordinate activities related to the transportation system, land-use, and development.
Some of the Essential Job Duties Include:
- Plans, organizes, and supervises the implementation of programs and policies adopted or approved by the Council or Board.
- Maintains cooperation, coordination and communication among member jurisdictions, elected officials, and the public. Maintains clear, effective communication, both verbal and written, with the Council, Board, staff and public.
- Directs and oversees the development, communication and advancement of program activities through interaction with advisory committees, community organizations, planning professionals, elected officials and the public.
- Oversees external communications and activities to meet the goals of the organization. Responds to questions from news media, stakeholders and residents. Liaison with members and other organizations.
- Supports and promotes agency activities by responding to public inquiries, attending community functions and representing the organization at various functions.
- Oversees all financial activities and financial management. Assumes responsibility for operating within adopted budgeted limits. Anticipates and plans for future budgetary and program needs.
- Responsible for securing revenues sufficient to carry out the agency Work Program approved by the Council or Board.
Some of the Job Requirements: (minimum educational background, work experience, technical skill, human relations skills, etc. required to perform the job. Should relate to job responsibilities, as applicable.):
- Master's Degree in Planning, Public Administration, or related degree
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in progressively responsible position sufficient to indicate the ability to carry out the responsibilities of this position as well as the expertise to handle sensitive information
- Experience directly supporting executive level management preferred
- Requires a technical aptitude with at least some of the following fields: public administration, transportation planning, community development, economic development, funding, and statutory compliance
- Highly organized individual who takes pride and ownership of work preferred.
- Must be a self-starter and problem solver and be able to work independently in a team atmosphere with minimal supervision.
How to Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates should apply online by clicking on the “Apply Now” link. Candidates must submit a cover letter and resume with their application.
Resumes and applications will be accepted through Sunday, June 13, 2021
If you have any questions please contact:
Assistant Grant Administrator - City of South Sioux City
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: The Assistant Grant Administrator assists the Grant Administrator in developing and coordinating grant funded programs for the City of South Sioux City. Active grants = 44 with value of $70 million.
Bachelor’s degree (BA,BS) or equivalent from four-year college; one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Certified Grant Administrator Designation required or obtain within 6 months of acceptance of position dependent on NE Department of Economic Development schedule.
Certification and registration for multiple federal and state online portals for grant application, pre-award and post-award activities.
Salary based on experience.
A complete job description can be found at www.southsiouxcity.org. Position will remain open until filled.