Nebraska Planning and Zoning Association (NPZA) recognizes outstanding individuals and communities that have contributed to the field of planning in Nebraska. Awards are considered for presentation at the annual meeting. Please consider making a nomination.
Submission Address / Contact Information
If you have questions about the nomination application process, contact Christopher Solberg in email.
Nominations must be received at the above e-mail address by Friday, August 5, 2022 at Noon (12:00 PM). Any entries received after that date will not be considered for award.
Judging and Awards Ceremony
Judging for NPZA Awards will be performed by the Award Nomination Committee and are under no obligation to grant an award in any category or subcategory.
Presentation of awards will be made at the 2022 Nebraska Planning Conference scheduled for September 14-16, 2022 at the Younes Conference Center North in Kearney, Nebraska. NPZA Award winners will be presented with a personalized award or certificate, depending on the category, at the conference and will be featured in an edition of the NPZA Newsletter.
Award Nomination Dates
|Nomination Due Date||August 5, 2022|
|Nomination Judging Period||August 6 to August 15, 2022|
|Award Presentation||September 15, 2022|
Required Nomination Materials
- Nomination Form: Please complete the online nomination form located at npza.org/awards/form. The information requested in this form includes:
- Nominator Information
- Nominee Information
- Reasons for Nomination: Provide a short summary of the award nomination in the space provided in the online form [500 words maximum].
- Local Media Contact Information
- Nomination Documentation: Please upload the information requested below via email or the Dropbox link below.
- Photos: Include up to 5 photos of the nominee or the projects the nominee has worked on. Please include as high a resolution as possible, as images will be used in award presentations and may be used in future printed materials.
- Letters of Support/Media Coverage: Documents that support the nomination.
Email the files click the link below or copy the following address into your web browser to place them into the NPZA Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/request/muYUgwVYrjpvsDhNR5hV
Please label files clearly with the project name and document (e.g., Nominee Name, Project Name _Photo1, Project Name _Letter1, etc.) before submitting.
- District Awards
- Appointed Official Award (At least one from each district) Can include planning commissioners, board of adjustment members and other appointed officials including entire commissions or boards.
- Elected Official Award (At least one from each district) Limited to elected officials or elected boards.
- Professional Award (Professional planners or zoning administrators in the private or public sector) Recipient will be selected from each district.
- Mitsuo Kawamoto Excellence in Planning Award (Individual Only) preference is given to people that are or have been involved with NPZA
- Carol Swayne Planning Commissioner Award (Individual Only) preference is given to people that are or have been involved with NPZA
- Loretta Ludemann Achievement Award for Excellence in Planning by a Woman in the State of Nebraska (Individual Only) preference is given to women that are or have been involved with NPZA
- President’s Award of Special Recognition Selected by the President of NPZA for outstanding service to the organization and planning and zoning in the state.