- To provide quality education and training opportunities for individuals who make and impact land use decisions.
- To provide a collaborative network for the exchange of ideas and issues to effect sound planning and zoning practices.
- To provide support for developing local and statewide planning policies and legislation.
- To provide a fellowship for exchanging ideas and disseminating information among persons interested in planning and zoning.
- To foster a complete educational program on village, city, county, metropolitan, and regional planning and zoning as it applies to Nebraska.
- To encourage and assist in the formation of village, city, county, metropolitan, regional, and state planning commissions.
- To promote a high standard of physical welfare through sound planning and zoning.
- To encourage and assist in the passage of necessary legislation to carry out comprehensive village, city, county, metropolitan, regional and state planning and zoning.